Ok…I know I’m a little late to be completely holiday appropriate. I figured I’d take Thanksgiving, my first free day in the last couple weeks, to spend some QT with the fam. But it’s never too late to say thanks and reflect on what you’re thankful for. With that said here are five (semi-business related) things I’m very thankful for as this Thanksgiving weekend comes to a close:
- The people who have helped me get this latest business venture off the ground. That includes my sister, father and brother-in-law who’ve helped build things around Athletic Lab; my mom who’s helped with babysitting, some purchases for the training center, and most importantly supported me to do what I want (rather than follow some canned notion of success), and mom-in-law who has helped with baby sitting and loaned me a place to stay while I finished my doctoral dissertation; my wife who has painted and cleaned more square footage than humanly possible at Athletic Lab; Chris (my intern), John and Jade (my athletes) for helping with with clean up around the center; Kelly (another athlete) for helping to edit a book I’m putting together and do business-related research; and Eric (another athlete) for being the first athlete to move here to train and more importantly for being my right hand man with facility maintenance and marketing.
- A wife who puts up with my long days, late nights and financial risks associated with dropping a secure full-time job so I can pursue my dreams.
- Being in a country, time, and personal financial situation where I can pursue what I want to do.
- Having clients and athletes who support the business and spread the word.
- Being blessed enough to have repeatedly found myself in the right time at the right place. Over. And over. And over again.