Wow. Long time no see…and much has happened. I don’t know where to start so here’s a quick rundown:
- I got deathly ill. DEATHLY. At least that’s what it felt like. I’m still not feeling well. I think I got a bacterial infection from my father-in-law by way of my daughter. I’ve consumed more drugs, cough drops, and green / white tea then I had in the previous 31 years of my life. Normally, I prefer to go au natural / homeopathic route but this one was kicking my tail and I had several huge deadlines looming that I couldn’t afford to miss.
- I finished all writing and editing on my dissertation and it is now in the hands of my dissertation committee. All 403 pages of it. Oddly, my most productive week of writing in the past 6 months came while I was probably writing under the influence of vicodin, pseudo-ephidrine, mucinex, tylenol. I’m in the process of scheduling my defense and as of 3am on the 27th it looks like it’ll be on February 26th. I should know for sure by tomorrow.
- The combination of the two above points have made me virtually web-silent over the past 10 days….little blogging, forum posting, tweeting, etc because I was either nearly dead or nearly dead and writing.
- Lost Season 5 premiered. Awesomeness. As I’ve mentioned before, I love the show. It’s about the only one that I actually watch. If you’re not a fan…what’s wrong with you?
- My great friend Ron Grigg hooked me up with a recommendation to work with one of the top USATF Level 1 school organizers in the country. My first gig will be in late May in Orlando. This is exciting because 1) I love to teach in the coaches ed program; 2) I’ll get to see Ron in Orlando; and 3) this could potentially lead to regular and fairly frequent Level 1 teaching assignments (I usually teach 3 a year right now) which is potentially another source of income to keep my freelancing / entrepreneurial pursuits afloat.
- I was tentatively invited to speak at the Beijing sports institute in May or June. I missed out going to Beijing for the Olympics so this will be a nice opportunity to see the fastest growing nation in the world and arguably the best sport system.
- The proposed nutritional company partnership that I’ve blogged about in the past has moved forward and the HPC Elite Team will be receiving supplements in exchange for blogging, appearances, etc. Bigger than this though are some bigger plans to actually partner with them on some bigger sport performance web ventures and also become a part of an already established combine tour.
- The HPC Elite Team has been off to a great start for the indoor season. Four members of the team have competed in 8 meets and we have 2 personal bests and 7 event wins. The only non-event win could even be considered a win since she won her heat of the 55m dash and I advised her to not run in the final due to some concerns about her hamstring.
- Chinese New Year
- Oh yeah, we got a new President too!
Related articles by Zemanta
- USA Track & Field head wants 30 medals in 2012
- Chinese New Year brings optimism to milions
- Chinese hope for bullish Year of the Ox